One of the most common questions I have been asked regarding skin tag removal is whether you can use wart removing treatment. Before I go further, a skin tag itself is harmless.
However, they can cause stress and embarrassment to those who have them. It’s like suddenly getting a zit on your nose right before a date or big interview.
You become extremely self-conscious of it and it can cause you stress. So, people with skin tags look for ways to get rid of them.
Can You Use A Wart Remover For Skin Tags?
The most common question regarding skin tag removal that I get asked is whether can you remove a skin tag using a wart remover. The answer is yes. There are some wart removers that also remove skin tags. The wart removers that contain salicylic acid are specifically suitable for removing skin tags.
Not all wart removers will work on skin tag removal. So it’s really down to using the right one.
Let’s discuss the wart removers that will and will not be suitable for removing skin tags
Wart Removers for Skin tags That Won’t Work
Wart treatments aimed at treating plantar and common warts will not work for removing your skin tags.
Always remember to check the labels before buying wart removers to see whether they can be used for skin or not. If it SPECIFICALLY says that it’s not for skin tags, put it back. These include products like Bazuka, Compound W, and Wartner.
There were some people who tried it out anyway and were even successful but the process of that removal took very long to show results.
People had several types of reactions to using the products. Some people felt a burning sensation and some people even felt irritation, pain, and swelling.
Wart Removers That Will Work
First off let’s start with the wart removal remedies that may work with removing skin tags. When shopping for skin tag removal products check the labels of the wart removers and look for salicylic acid. This will help remove skin tags. Source
What’s Salicylic Acid?
Salicylic acid is derived from willow trees. Why will this work? Well, the reason for it working is because that it will destroy healthy skin. Sounds counterproductive I know but just bear with me a little.
Both skin tags as well as warts how painful and visually unpleasing can befall into the same category; healthy skins. The salicylic acid will soften and loosen the skin tags thus making it easier to remove them.
Wart Removers That Contain Salicylic Acid?
Wart removers that contain this ingredient can be found in gels and lotions. Some of these products include Salicylic Acid 30% Chemical Peel, Ariella Mole, and Skin Tag Remover, TagBand Skin Tag Removal Devices, Dr. Scholl’s FreezeAway Wart Remover, and more. Let’s have a look at the top Skin Tag Removers.
1. TagBand Removal Device:
The device is designed in the way that it works fast in removing skin tags. With just one use it will deliver permanent results.
The easy to read user manual will guide you through the procedure. It best works with skin tags of about 4 to 6 mm wide.
How To Use?
- You will get white-colored small bands that you will push on the tip of the pen and roll towards the base.
- Place the TagBand remover onto the cone and push to its bottom.
- Position the hollow or the base of the cone over the skin tag
- Push the remover towards the tag and pull the cone to release the bands on the skin tag. The band is used for the purpose of cutting off the blood supply of the skin tag.
- The skin tag will fall off after a few days without being the cause of your pain.
The Pros Of Using TagBand:
- Works fast
- Easy to use
The Cons Of Using TagBand:
- Some users experienced skin redness
2. HaloDerm Advanced Skin Tag Remover:
HaloDerm Advanced Skin Tag Remover is an ointment used to target the base or the roots of the skin tag. It’s a homeopathic formula which is acid-free and infused with herbs. It can effectively remove the annoying skin tags. It ensures that the tag falls out in just six to nine days. HaloDerm is formulated with pure ingredients and is gentle. It can be safely used on the face.
Pros Of Using HaloDerm:
- Acts fast
- Infused with pure herbs
- Homeopathic gentle formula
- Safe to use on face
Cons Of Using HaloDerm:
3. SkinPro Instaderm Tag and Mole Corrector:
Formulated with salicylic acid and tea tree oil, SkinPro Instaderm Tag and Mole Corrector contain fast-acting ingredients which remove warts and skin tags by exfoliating the skin cells. They can easily remove skin tags without you feeling any pain.
Applying two coats of this solution twice a day will help remove the tags easily and permanently. This potent solution helps with swelling and redness, smoothens the skin and reduces scarring.
Pros Of Using SkinPro:
- Reduces redness and swelling
- Exfoliates the skin cells to remove the tags
- Smoothens the skin
- Reduces scars
- Comes with an ultra fiber brush for application
- Fast-acting ingredients remove warts and skin tags
Cons Of Using SkinPro:
- May not suit sensitive skin
4. Oneness Labs Homeopathic Mole And Skin Tag Remover:
Oneness Labs Homeopathic Mole and Skin Tag Remover is a homeopathic remedy used majorly for skin tags. It is formulated with Calcarea Carbonica, Antimonium Crudum, Sanguinaria Canadensis, Galangal root, Dulcamara,Thuja Occidentalis, Zinc Chloride, and Chaparral root.
This homeopathic skin tag remover also contains alcohol swabs, a vitamin healing cream, Bloodroot cream and band aids. You can apply the paste with the help of a spatula. You might feel a little stinging sensation but the good news is that the skin tag will fall off in 1 to 3 weeks. The healing creams are used for healing the scar and smoothening the skin.
Pros Of Using Oneness Labs Homeopathic Mole And Skin Tag Remover:
- Healing cream heals scars
- Smoothens the skin
- The skin tag falls off in one to three weeks
Cons Of Using Oneness Labs Homeopathic Mole And Skin Tag Remover:
- Not suitable to be used in genital areas, around the eyes and mouth.
5. Compound W Skin Tag Removal:
Compound W Skin Tag is a DIY skin Tag removing device which removes skin tags without harming the surrounding skin tissues. This device adheres lightly to the surrounding healthy skin in order to protect it from scarring.
How To Apply?
- It’s foam tip applicator is pressed on the skin tag.
- Apply a light gentle pressure on the applicator tip and hold it in one place for about 50 seconds.
- It removes the tags without any scarring. Although you may feel a slight tingling sensation.
Pros Of Using Compound W Skin Tag Removal:
- Works fast
- Does not harm the surrounding skin
- It can be used on the body and face
- Effective and safe
- Does not cause scarring
Cons Of Using Compound W Skin Tag Removal:
- May be tedious to use
6. King’s Natural Medicine Skin Tag Remover:
Dr. King’s Natural Medicine Skin Remover is a natural, gentle and safe homeopathic tropical skin tag remover. It doesn’t cause any scarring or pain. The King’s skin tag remover comes with a brush applicator in the kit making the application of the tag remover easy.
The remover is safe for sensitive skin and it works by drying the skin tag. Once applied the skin tag will fall off in a few days. One of its main ingredients include cedar leaf oil which healds and smoothens the skin
Pros Of Using King’s Natural Medicine Skin Tag Remover:
- It is safe for sensitive skin.
- Cedar leaf oil heals the skin tag lesions and smoothens the skin.
- It does not cause any scarring or pain.
- Comes with a brush applicator
- It is natural, gentle, and safe.
Cons Of Using King’s Natural Medicine Skin Tag Remover:
- May be too slow to work on larger skin tags.
H- Skin Tag Formulas is made up of only natural homeopathic ingredients and is perfect for all skin types. The pure blend of ingredients allows this serum to work effectively without scarring the face or without any pain. The natural formula allows it to safely be applied on any body part i.e. arms, eye folds,and groin etc.
Pour some H-Skin Tag Serum on a cotton ball or your finger and apply directly on the skin tags. Due to its formula and ingredients only a few drops will be enough. The product will start showing results immediately.
Pros of Using H-Skin Tags Formula:
- Made up of 100% natural high quality ingredients
- Natural and gentle on the skin
- Effective and safe
- Smoothens the skin
Cons of Using H-Skin Tags Formula:
- Takes 2-6 weeks to show results.
8. SkinPro Skin Tag Remover And Mole Corrector
Infused with medical-grade 17% salicylic acid, the SkinPro Tag Remover & Mole Corrector is the fastest-acting skin tag and mole remover among others. With the bottle comes an ultra fiber brush applicator. Applying this solution twice a day will help dry out the skin tag.
The solution contains tea tree oil which helps reduce the redness and swelling. It is easy to use and does not cause any scarring.
Pros Of Using SkinPro Skin Tag Remover And Mole Corrector:
- Reduces skin redness and swelling
- Contains tea tree oil for better results
- Works on body and face
- Contains an ultra fiber brush applicator
- Fast-acting skin tag and flat mole remover
Cons Of Using SkinPro Skin Tag Remover And Mole Corrector:
- Not suitable for people with sensitive skin
Factors To Keep In Mind When Buying Skin Tag Removal Products:
There are some factors to consider when you are purchasing a skin tag removal product,
Tips To Choose The Right Product
- Preference – Do you want a skin tag removing band, an ointment, or a cryo-freeze device? Ointments can be applied topically. The other types of skin tag removers may cause a slight tingling sensation.
- Size – Depending on the size of the skin tag, choose a product that can effectively remove it.
- Healing Time – While some skin tag removers take eight days to remove the tags, others take about two weeks. Choose a skin tag remover based on this need.
When To Treat Or Remove Skin Tags
If the skin tags bother you, dermatologists say that you can remove them. It’ll take a week or so to heal depending on the product you use. If you do that now to prep for summer, make sure to keep the newly exposed skin covered from the sun.
If you notice a rapid change at any time: color, growth, it goes from flat to raised, or if it looks like it’s spreading outward, you should consult a doctor right away. If you’re not monitoring them closely enough to notice a change, definitely see a dermatologist annually for a skin screening.
Keep in mind, some things may be best untouched. Since some of the bigger, healthy spots can scar after being removed, ask your doctor about that possibility before having everything snipped off.
Why Do People Remove Skin Tags?
It isn’t necessary to remove skin tags but sometimes people want them removed for cosmetic reasons or because they cause them discomfort when they rub against clothing or get caught in jewelry.
A skin tag remover could be necessary if the skin tag is bothering you. Certain skin tags are large or could be on the face or neck. These could be annoying. A skin tag remover serves as an effective, quick, and inexpensive way of removing such tags.
Does a wart remover work on removing skin tags?
Yes, some wart removers may work on skin tags and some do not.
Can you remove skin tags at home?
You can remove skin tags at home but it’s better to consult a dermatologist first. Use any one of the products mentioned above to get rid of skin tags safely and quickly at home.
How do I remove a skin tag?
The method you adopt depends on the severity of your skin tags. You may use a device with physical bands, cryo-freeze technology, or homeopathic topical creams to remove skin tags at home. However, you may also opt for surgery.
Can skin tags grow back?
Skin tags usually may grow in areas with skin folds – inner thighs, armpits, under the breasts, etc. Once a skin tag is removed, it does not grow back.
Skin tags can be super annoying and can feel literally out of place. However, it’s not important to always opt for expensive surgeries or skin care treatments to get rid of them.
Try the above skin tag removing products and bid goodbye to your woes safely and effectively.
But when choosing a product, you should keep some factors in mind like your preference, the healing time of the product, or the size of your skin tag.