Part of the Reiki training of a practitioner is learning how to use Distance Reiki. Its a tool that can be helpful for those times when we can’t actually be physically present to administer Reiki due to long distance, time or because a person is unable to be present.
Distance Reiki can also be sent to specific events or situations, such as a surgery date or an important meeting that needs some positive balancing energy.
As you go through your Reiki training you will find that Reiki healing symbols can be used in ways you hadn’t even considered. First lets take a look at how it works.
What is Distance Reiki?
Distance Reiki is a tool that second degree practitioners learn when receiving the 3 important Reiki symbols during an attunement. One symbol in particular, Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen, works with healing through distance. Many Reiki practitioners consider this symbol to be the most powerful and useful tool.
Using the distance symbol gives the Reiki practitioner access to the individuals life records, also known as the Akashic Records. It is believed that these are the records of each of our souls and connecting with them allows the practitioner to used these for karmic healing.
When this symbol is invoked it is meant to allow the practitioner to send Reiki energy across space and time, as a direct link to the receivers energy body, or aura. The distance Reiki symbol can also be used to heal blockages a person has from the past. For example, a person who hasn’t fully healed from a serious emotional incident from the past could developed a blocked chakra.
This can manifest in physical ways, such as anxiety or feeling unworthy. Distance Reiki can be used to go back to the event to heal the unresolved issues, freeing up the chakra in question so the receiver can allow healing to begin.
The Hermetic Law of Similarity is the basis that distance Reiki works off of. It shows that we are all connected since we are all made of energy matter, and part of a bigger whole. So, Reiki energy travels to the receiver via the focus of the practitioner.
Does Distance Reiki really work?
Some will question how a treatment can work for a healing process that is basically “hands on”. Reiki knows no boundaries and can be channeled to anyone, anywhere with results that are just as effective as a face to face session. The practitioner generally needs to know some basic details about the person, animal (that’s right! Animals can benefit from Reiki healing too!) or event that needs Reiki as a point of focus. The rest is up to the Universal energy.
When doing distance Reiki healing the energies work on the subtle body of the receiver, as well as their aura and chakras. Since its not working so much on a person’s physical body it may take a bit of time for these energies to penetrate down to the physical body, for example to ease pain.
How does Distance Reiki feel?
Each person experiences a distance Reiki session differently from one session to the next. Some may feel parts of their body getting warm or hot. Others will experience it as a sensation of cold, which tends to happen on areas that are inflamed. Some feel a slight tingling sensation. And then there are some who don’t feel anything at all during the session but feel something later on with feelings of balance, lightness and empowerment.
Like hands on Reiki sessions, a distance Reiki session can:
- Increase your overall sense of well-being
- Provide an aura of calm in stressful situations
- Help accelerate the process of healing
- Strengthen the immune system
- Increase your energy
- Provide clarity when faced with making tough decisions
- Alleviate pain
- Be used for preventative care
- Help in the detoxification and cleansing of the body
- Provide emotional, mental and spiritual support
You don’t need to be injured or ill in order to benefit from Distance Reiki healing. It can benefit you in a number of circumstances:
- Reiki can balance you out, bring harmony to the mind, body and soul, and offers deep relaxation. It can be helpful in situations such as traveling, vacations, going on dates or any special circumstance where you need that sense of calm and clarity.
- Reiki helps to enhance ones creativity and memory
- It can calm anxiety and emotional stress, while bringing clarity and harmony. It can be an ideal tool to use as a support mechanism during situations that cause stress, such as important meetings, taking a test, job interviews, court appearances, public speaking, etc.
- Reiki works to help eliminates bodily toxins, not only on a physical level, but in situations where peace and balance is needed in the midst of chaotic or high energy situations.
- On the physical plane, Reiki helps to ease pain and can be used to support traditional medicine by helping to counteract medical side-effects and bleeding.
- Reiki has been used to speed the healing and recovery process when one is ill or hospitalized. It can also help in reducing the trauma of surgery.
- It replenishes depleted energy levels.
- It is a suitable treatment for before and after a medical procedure like surgery, as well as child birth and helps to bring a sense of peace to those who are terminally ill.
If you’ve been looking for a reason to take your Reiki training to the next level, learning distance Reiki is a great reason with all of its benefits.